- Appearance :Translucent
- Temperature -:100°F to 500°F
- Worked Penetration :(230 – 270 Range) 255
- Unworked Penetration :(200-250 Range) 210
- Bleed :(After 1 hour @ 200°C) 0.6%
- Evaporation :(1.0% Max after 1 hour @ 200°C) 0.20%
- Specific Gravity :(1.00 – 1.03) 1.01
- Dielectric Strength: (At 0.050” gap) 500 Volts / Mil
- Volume Resistivity :(ohms / cm) 2.18×1014
- Dielectric Constant: @ 100 Hz 3.0
- Dissipation Factor: @ 100 Hz 0.000
Heavy-Bodied Silicone Lubricating Compound
SSP-1212 is a stiff, tacky silicone compound that’s designed for applications where contacting surfaces are not under heavy load, but high temperatures are expected. This silicone lubricant is comparable to DC 111 valve lubricant and DC high-vacuum silicone grease from Dow Corning, and to G-661 silicone lubricant from Novagard.
FDA Grade Silicone Grease
SSP-1212 has an operating temperature range of -100°F to 500°F and an unworked penetration in the 230 to 270 range with a typical value of 255. This silicone lubricating compound is non-corrosive, does not separate, and exhibits excellent dispersion characteristics. SSP-1217 is also low in volatiles and has excellent stability.
Applications for SSP-1212 Silicone Lubricant Compound
SSP-1212 is useful as an electrical insulator, corrosion inhibitor, mold release, and general-purpose lubricant for metal, rubber, and plastic parts. Applications for this silicone lubricating compound include plug valves, fire extinguisher valves, vacuum and pressure systems, automotive ignitions, and electrical connections.